Plastic linen bags make great recycled storage. Flip over the tag to label the contents.
vintage suitcase craft case
Simplify Your Life Week | Recap + More Organizing Tips
Simplifying can mean a lot of different things. From how we manage our to time to what we consume and put on our bodies, does less always equal more? Have have you simplified an area of your life? I would love to hear from you!
Image: Three Bin WIre Shelf from VivaTerra
Simplify Your Life Week | Resources
For more organizing tips and inspiration:
If you feel extremely overwhelmed by clutter or need one-on-one guidance, consider hiring a Professional Organizer. Visit the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) to find certified professionals in your area.
Simplify Your Life Week | Create Systems
We are continuing National Simplify Your Life Week with some points on systems. Creating organizational systems around your home can help keep clutter to a minimum and make everyday cleaning less of a chore.
Here are some tips:
- Create systems around your family’s everyday routine: if bags get dumped at the front door, hang hooks on a nearby wall
Baskets make everything better; check out of some of my faves
- Store like with like
- Store items where you use them: store mugs above the coffee machine and shoes by the front door
- Label everything
- Create your own zoning laws: toys are not allowed in the kitchen or no shoes past the entryway
- Streamline your cleaning routine: designate each day to clean a different area; pare down products to the basics: all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, wood oil, floor cleaner and abrasive powder for kitchen and bath cleaning
- Make it simple to execute: for example, hang two bags in your closet (on a hanger or hooks on a wall or door) to collect donations and dry cleaning as soon as you come across them; when they’re full, it’s easy to grab and go
- Keep the junk mail out: place a recycle bin or shredder near your mail basket for immediate sorting; sign up for digital versions of catalogs; some tips on how to banish the junk from being sent in the first place
- Maintain, maintain, maintain!